Sunday, January 21, 2007

FLORENCE - Pitti Uomo

The Harold Acton Library – Palazzo Lanfredini – Aquascutum. Aquascutum cordially invites you for a cup of tea, a selection of traditional sandwiches and cakes, in The Harold Acton Library in Palazzo Lanfredini on the Lungarno, read the invitation. You couldn’t be more British, could you? It was refreshing just to, stop, sip tea, browse the bookshelves and chat in this enchanting library. It really made me wish that I lived in Florence so that I could join the library and spend all my time there. Aquascutum’s neo CEO and president, Kim Winser, stands behind head of design for menswear, Graeme Fidler. “I took inspiration for the Autumn/Winter 2007 menswear collection from the works of British artists Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth, who both constructed sculptures to sit sensitively within natural surroundings, reflecting and complementing nature.” Fidler explains.

Pin It