Wednesday, August 17, 2005


LONDON
Today is the first working day we are in London and as I pass the newsagent on Knightsbridge Green, on my way to a business appointment, I notice that only the rack on the left has English newspapers - a true sign of how multi-ethnic it has become since I lived there. Are there any true Brits left? I heard all sorts of languages on public transport, mostly Italian and a little Spanish and some of the other lanuages I just couldn't distinguish. There is a radio station in London broadcasting programmes, for the last 13 years, to 25 ethnic and special-interest groups: Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Tamil, Jewish, Islamic, Irish, Italian, Australian and (North) American - this is how multi-ethnic London has become and.... there's no going back!
Pin It

No comments: