Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NEW YORK CITY - October


Saturday – Flea market. I always try, at least once over the weekends that I am in town to go to the flea market housed in the Garage on West 26th Street, between 6th and 7th. It’s such a pity that it is reduced to just this space, it used to be so much bigger, before all the new building went up in the adjacent parking lots. See construction work below! I always start with coffee over the road and then with my coffee cup in my hand, I hunt the lower level before the Upper one. I enjoy the search for what ever strikes my eye and will fit into my suitcase. All the other dealers have moved to the street market in Hell’s Kitchen, West 39th Street, between 9th and 10th. Although I have been only twice, this flea market doesn’t intrigue me.


Detail. The showcase of a vintage jewelry dealer.

Pin It