Sunday, August 21, 2005


LONDON
After a rather delicious lunch in Marco Pierre White's Belvedere Restaurant situated right in the middle of Holland Park in what used to be the summer ballroom to Holland House - it's back to the museums. I have decided that I'm going to have a favorite museum for each town and the National Portrait Gallery is going to be the one for London. It was so exciting to walk in and just about enjoy everything I saw. As a "Paparazzi" and, as I love to photograph real people I was in heaven here looking at all the portraits and photographs. I could have stayed in all day! The reason I went there was to see the exhibition The World's Most Photographed - till October 23rd - about one hundred photographs exploring the lives and legends of ten well-known figures from history - from Queen Victoria to Muhammad Ali and Adolf Hitler to Marilyn Monroe and more - the show consists of photographs which have previously been lost, suppressed or hidden, together with more familiar images going beyond the often carefully constructed public image of the VIPs to reveal much more about their personalities and their lives. It was such a good show that booking is a must and even so, it was rather difficult to really see the exhibition properly, but I'm not complaining!
Pin It

No comments: