Sunday, March 17, 2019

Milano: La Buca di San Vincenzo – launch – Percorso by Nally Bellati – Video-Art





La Buca di San Vincenzo
Percorso by Nally Bellati
Video-Art
“Percorso is a series of video “photographs”, that defines my restlessness for a place that is not convivial to my nature, a journey that takes me to different places, that I love, where I get off, and back on again, each time in search for stimulation, for human contact, and for the perfect photograph …  the endless parallel lines focus on the horizon, for a utopia, to fulfill the destiny of home, which I may never find…”
Nally Bellati
Photographer

Having seen my short, very short, videos on Instagram, art dealer Pasquale Leccese, owner of Le Case D’Arte and artistic director of La Buca di San Vincenzo in Milan commissioned me to create my first long video-art to be shown in the cult, underground Jazz Club where Pas has collaborated, for the past year, with la Buca’s owner Fabrizio Farinello, creating a unique environment where art and music merge by curating monthly screenings of video-art.



My Early Morning Travels
The Rialto Bridge – Venice

“Man's real home is not a house, but the Road, and that life itself is a journey to be walked on foot.”
Bruce Chatwin
What Am I doing Here?

It was quite a challenge to create my first video-art. Though I have been experimenting on Instagram with short clips it is quite a different story to extend the filming time. As a reportage photographer, where the instant image is vital, however, it is usually well framed and balanced, whereas in video one needs a different eye - 360 degrees - an art unto itself. Thank you Pas, I am now hooked - so - keep watching.





Percorso by Nally Bellati
Public Hotel – New York

“What's your road, man? - holyboy road, madman road, rainbow road, guppy road, any road. It's an anywhere road for anybody anyhow. Where body how?”
Jack Kerouac
On the Road 

 
 La Buca di San Vincenzo
Lorenzo Blardone Trio

La Buca di San Vincenzo first opened at the beginning of the Twentieth Century as a tavern, for a time it was owned by singer and actor Fred Buscaglione, popular in the 1950s, who gave it to his mistress. In those years it was a gangster hangout, yet, at the same time, a meeting point for artists. Today, La Buca is known above all for its music: where every Monday and Thursday evening Italian and international artists perform live to video-art, chosen and curated by Pasquale Leccese, past artists include: Fischli and Weiss, Alice Bachmann / TraslochiEmotivi and Jacopo Benassi.

Lorenzo Blardone – piano - Marco Rottoli – double bass
Pasquale Fiore – drums


 “If you move something happens.”
Pas Leccese

Giulia Curra’, Valentina Santi, Pas Leccese, Laura Pessina and Alice Bachmann


 
“…the endless parallel lines focus on the horizon, for a utopia, to fulfill the destiny of home, which I may never find…”
Nally Bellati





Pin It