Sunday, September 06, 2015

Venice Lido: 72nd Film Festival – Tom Hooper – The Danish Girl


  Courtesy Universal Pictures – La Biennale di Venezia

Venice Lido: 72nd Film Festival – Tom Hooper – The Danish Girl. The Danish Girl is the remarkable love story inspired by the lives of artists Lili Elbe and Gerda Wegene. Lili and Gerda’s marriage and work evolve as they navigate Lili’s groundbreaking journey as a transgender pioneer.
Staring: Eddie Redmayne, Alicia Vikander, Amber Heard, Sebastian Koch, Ben Whishaw, Matthias Schoenaerts.

 

  Photograph ASAC courtesy La Biennale di Venezia

#Venezia72 - Red Carpet

Tom Hooper – The Danish Girl - Eddie Redmayne

  Photograph ASAC courtesy La Biennale di Venezia

#Venezia72 - Red Carpet
Tom Hooper – The Danish Girl - Alicia Vikander

  Photograph ASAC courtesy La Biennale di Venezia 

Paolo Barbera  and director Tom Hooper

Director’s Statement. "Ever since I was a teenager, making silent films with my clockwork 16mm Bolex camera, I have dreamt of having a film at the Venice Film Festival. I am honored to come for the first time with The danish Girl. I fell for this story when I was directing The King’s Speech. I wept when I first read Lucinda Coxon’s beautiful script, and have carried that memory with me and wanted to honor it in the making of the film. Lili Elbe is an inspiration in the courage she showed to overcome the blocks to her true self. Her wife Gerda is moving in her compassion and unconditional love. Their marriage made the revealing of Lili possible."

 

#Venezia72
Tom Hooper - The Danish Girl
Contessanally – another Oscar movie – 8/10
 
 


Pin It