Saturday, October 29, 2005


NYC OCTOBER - SATURDAY
MOMA - It was my first visit to the new The Museum of Modern Art. Dare I say that I found the architecture rather "boring" - the best view - is looking out the giant windows through the Sculpture Garden, onto Manhattan. And, also the layout is a bit confusing. I really don't want to be negative, because I so enjoyed the art and was sorry I had so little time. A video caught my attention, in The Yoshiko and Akio Morita Gallery on the second floor, it is one of Sam Taylor-Wood's media installations that deal with stillness. Called David (2004) it is an intimate portrait of the dishy English soccer icon David Beckham, shot in a single 66-minute take while he was sleeping. It was commissioned by - wait for it - The National Portrait Gallery, which is my favorite museum in London. Wouldn't it be divine to have this installation hanging in the bedroom?
PS Have you been keeping count? This is the fifth Brit. in NY I have mentioned so far......!
Pin It

No comments: