Wednesday, September 29, 2004


TUESDAY NIGHT
"Jackie made me famous" says paparazzo Ron Galella at the opening of his first European show at the New Photology Gallery "I was so obsessed by her and stalked her nearly every day during the '60s and '70s - that she took me to court for invasion of privacy - after 26 days I lost the trial - but all that free publicity and front pages made me the first paparazzo of the United States. I also loved The King - Elvis - he was the biggest celebrity, besides being handsome - he had the biggest following." On Galella's camera strap he wears photos of his favorites and besides Jackie and Elvis are Elizabeth Taylor and Candice Bergen - another little simpatico fashion detail of his - his gold Mickey Mouse watch. Today "I'm a little obsessed with JLo, she is beautiful, sexy and interesting - there are not many nice ones now." concludes Ron.
Pin It

No comments: